Are you stuck on the treadmill of personal growth? Do you feel like you are treading water without getting anywhere? Are you looking for ways to jump off and start living a life how you truly want?
As a lifestyle coach I work actively to help clients find the strength to move past their fears and their stress and surrender to the moment before we are in crisis.
Learning to be kind to ourselves is a tougher task than you realize. We are all so hard on ourselves! We go to work and berate ourselves because we aren’t perfect. We feel shameful that we t we haven’t lived up to what our parents expected. Each day we find reasons to dislike ourselves. That’s where the need for personal growth comes in.
There are all kinds of courses and webinars and online books and memes that talk about being strong and being the best you can be. But all those personal growth suggestions can overload you with so many paths you don’t know where to go.
Here are five ways to get back your focus on the life you really want:
1. Make personal time in the morning when you wake up to reflect and set the intention for your day.
2. Self-care is a choice to put yourself first because if you don’t there will be no energy left for anyone else eventually.
3. Write down what you want to achieve in the next day/month/year using the SMARRT method: Specific, measurable, realistic, relevant and timely.*
*Sometimes planning too far in advance can be overwhelming when you are feeling like you’re going into crisis, so be present and deal with the now.
4. At the end of your day record three things that went well.
5. Give yourself a compliment “I like my neck” or “I liked how I spoke to my friend today and how calm she became after her stressful outburst.”
Be kind to yourself-and patient. You are your strictest judge. Allow yourself to make mistakes, allow yourself to be human. And most of all, allow yourself to be loved.